Friday, January 29, 2010

Jewel Trip 1/29/10

I went to Jewel today to try the Fav 4 Deal out for myself and although I had success, it wasn't nearly as inexpensive as it has been in the past. Since I was already buying $14 worth of meat, I decided to do a $15 MIR for Miller Beer that a recently picked up in the liquor department (Buy $30 worth of meat, seasoning, salty snacks, deli items, frozen pizza or water PLUS a 12-pk or larger of Miller Lite and get $15 back). Essentially it makes the case of beer free.

I paid $28.83 oop (eek!) for everything shown above, but I will send in for the $15 MIR, so my net total for everything is $13.83 (that's more like it!)

Here's how my Fav 4 deal worked out:
  • Beef Stew ($2.72/lb smaller packs not in the Fav 4 coffin) - $2.88
  • Beef Stew ($2.72/lb smaller packs not in the Fav 4 coffin) - $2.99
  • Tyson Boneless Chicken Breast ($2.85/lb, bought the smallest package I could find) - $3.48
  • Tilapia Fillet - $4.61
After scanning the 4th package an instant deduction of $4.10 came off, making it a total of $9.86 for all 4 or $2.46 ea.

For the Beer rebate I also bought:
  • Case of Jewel Water $3.49, Used FREE Jewel Water coupon from the Preferred Card Update Booklet
  • Culinary Circle Pizza - $3.99, Used FREE Culinary Circle Pizza coupon from the Preferred Card Update Booklet
  • Tony's Pizza - $3 (included a free pass for bowling on the back of the box!), Used $3 Pizza tag, final price FREE
  • Snyders Pretzels - $2.49, Used $2 snack tag, Final price .49
  • Ruffles - $2.49, Used $2 snack tag, Final price .49
  • Tostitos - $2.99, Used $2 snack tearpad, Final price .99
And I bought some bananas since they are .39/lb this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment