Monday, February 15, 2010

Coupon Tip (2/15/10): Your Questions Answered!


I'm turning this week's coupon tip over to you, showing you some Valentine's love! What questions do you have about couponing? Add a comment below and I'll update this post with the question and my best attempt at an answer!!

From Kari - I know you keep all your coupons inserts in binders but how do you know if you have a coupon for something? Say you need Crest...how do you go about finding out if you have a coupon for it amongst the large stack of inserts in your binder? I have a few ways that I find coupons for a deal, hopefully this helps:
  • Most of the time when I read the deal online somewhere a coupon match up has already been done so I know what week and which insert to find the coupon in.
  • If I spot the deal on my own I use a coupon database to search and see if there are any coupons available for that item. My favorite coupon database is at Hot Coupon World. You just put in what you are looking for and it will give you a list of where that coupon can be found be it insert, mailer, tearpad, peelie, online etc. You can narrow your search by values, expireds, etc!
  • Sometimes the database isn't up-to-date with the most recent inserts and I'll check an insert preview site master list to see if I can find it. My favorite site is Taylor Town Preview. I go to the master list, hit command F and search for the brand I'm looking for.
  • And sometimes I just know. Like some coupons tend to repeat themselves and I remember seeing it recently and know that it would be in a P&G insert. Or I've already clipped it and have it in my file in the right category.
For previous coupon tips go here!

No comments:

Post a Comment