Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Coupon Tip: Did You Know? Free Cookies at Store Bakeries for Kids

I was talking with a friend of mine the other day on my cell phone while I was at the store. I was waiting at the bakery with my boys so they could get their cookie (no, they do not get a cookie EVERY time we go to the store, but it does help to keep them quiet while I'm trying to keep my math straight in my head while we are shopping).

Anyway, my friend said "what do you mean you are getting a free cookie" and I told her that pretty much every store with a bakery will give the kids free cookies just for coming by the bakery (and sometimes they are even generous enough to offer mom a cookie too!)

So if you are at a Jewel, Dominick's, Ultra Foods, or Super Target - go get your kid a free cookie!!

Did you know this or is this news to you?

2 comments:

  1. Another thing is that many bakeries will sell shaped undecorated cookies around the Holidays - so you can decorate cookies with the kids without having to bake them yourselves!

    I used to buy these when I was single and host a "cookie decorating" party for my friends!

    First time they made fun of me but it was so much fun I got calls the next year asking me to plan another one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great tip Rita! Do they sell them at a discounted price? Or do you still have to pay the regular amount just undecorated?

    ReplyDelete