Friday, October 1, 2010

3rd Quarter Budget Update

Have you been keeping track of what you are saving and spending this year? You can follow along with me on the right hand side of my blog where I update my totals every other week of what I've spent and what I've saved as well as the rebates I've submitted. He we are at the end of the 3rd Quarter and in for the home stretch of 2010 - I thought I would share my progress and you can share yours!!

Here's where I ended up through the 3rd quarter of 2010:
Savings - $6850.56
Spent - $1520.82

That puts us at an average of about $39 a week for groceries! And a savings of 81% off retail!! My weekly average has gone up almost $10 a week from where I was at Midyear. As many of you know I took a break for about a month during the summer and during that time I wasn't really couponing like I normally do. Even still I will continue with my weekly budget of $50. This includes all of our food, health/beauty products and household consumables (no liquor)!

I was keeping track the first half of the year what we were spending on eating out - and well it was just depressing to see that we spent more eating out than we did on groceries, even going out only once or twice a month for dinner and snacks/lunch here and there. I realized for me - I like to eat out. I like the break of not cooking, and its important for the hubs and I to have a date night once a month which was bumping that total up even higher!

How have you done so far this year? Are you keeping track? Did you stay within budget?

No comments:

Post a Comment