Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Review: KT Tunstall's New Album Tiger Suit

KT Tunstall's new album Tiger Suit was recently released on October 5th. When I was approached to review her new album, I was excited because I loved her first album, especially Black Horse and a Cherry Tree. I still remember to this day watching her perform that song on the Today show where she highlighted how brilliantly she develops the sounds to her music all on her own by looping original music of her own making it sound as if she has an entire band behind her.

You can hear a lot of that also in Tiger Suit her third album release which infused with a more dancier feel. KT herself has dubbed “Nature Techno” to encapsulate the album’s collision of raw, upfront rootsiness and sleek electronic textures. View her first single Fade Like a Shadow and see what you think! I love the layered sound of her music, plus I'm always a sucker for "strummy" songs.

I really enjoyed listening to this album from start to finish. It starts out a little "popish" but then slows it down in the middle. I think my favorite track is (Still A) Weirdo. I feel like I can connect with her when she says "No I know I took for granted that things ...Would always go the way I wanted"...

Learn more about KT Tunstall at her official site, BUY her new album Tiger Suitor follow KT Tunstall on Twitter!

Disclosure: I was given KT Tunstall's new CD to listen to and review free of charge from One2One Network. All of the opinions about the album are my own. For writing this post I will be entered to win one of five $50 gift cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment