Monday, May 3, 2010

Whole Foods Schaumburg Pre-Opening Gala

I mentioned before that I was so excited to win tickets to the Pre-Opening Gala for the new Schaumburg Whole Foods tonight! My husband and I went with the kids and had a wonderful time. The store is absolutely gorgeous! If you've ever been to a Whole Foods before you know it's not your typical grocery store atmosphere. From the beautiful displays to the unique doors on the freezer and refrigerator cases it really was just so pretty to look at. Because it was an event, there was so much going on it was hard to take it all in but even still we enjoyed every moment (it's not likely that the regular shopping experience will be as overwhelming)!

There were all kinds of all-natural organic food, wine and heath products at every turn and down every aisle! We had big fun having a Bento Box dinner without the Bento Box! I collected all kinds of goodies and coupons while sampling delicious treats! Plus they had fun activities for the kids - make & take your own Kim & Scott's pretzels, Lego building and organic pasta necklace making! And to top off our visit we left with a very sturdy reusable shopping bag made out of 80% post consumable plastic (just like my favorite bag from Earthbound Farms) filled with more goodies (see the pic above for all the treats we went home with!)

If you were trying to decide whether or not to go to the Grand Opening on Wednesday, if its anything like tonight - you should go! You'll have a great time and a full belly! Thanks Whole Foods for a fun night! I can't wait to take some time and actually stroll the aisles again so I can see everything you have to offer!

Note: I was not asked to do this review nor was I compensated in away way to share my opinion. I just really enjoyed my experience and wanted to share it with all of my readers!

3 comments:

  1. I wish they'd build one by me (Mundelein). The nearest is Deerfield...just a little to far for grocery shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Rita...the closest one to us right now is Palatine (at least I think that's Palatine)...Even if I don't shop there regularly I could see myself going there for lunch in the cafe!

    BTW...we used to live in Mundelein...just drove passed the old house this weekend :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Small world...I used to live in Schaumburg. I thought Mundelein was so far from everything but I'm used to Lake County now! We live right on Diamond Lake so it's beautiful and we use the beach often!

    ReplyDelete