Friday, July 16, 2010

Dominicks Trip 7/16/10 (The one where I make a lot of mistakes and pay too much money...)

So I shimmied on over to Dominick's this morning all excited and made mistakes at every turn that I came home with all this great stuff but totally bummed because it didn't go the way I planned. I'm still sharing though because its good to know that people DO make mistakes and there probably is a good deal in here somewhere ;)!

I paid $19.30 for everything above (did I really spend almost $20 at Dominicks!!) I guess that really isn't that much, but in my head I thought I was only spending about $10-$12...and then at the register when my total was $40 before coupons I was kicking myself because I had a $10/$50 in my purse which is essentially throwing away 10 more boxes of granola bars!! (Had I bought 10 more boxes of granola bars for $12: $16 for 8 plus 2 free boxes minus $4 in coupons I could have used that $10/$50 and I would have walked out with 10 more boxes for $2!! So much for quick thinking!) Plus I was expecting back at $2.50 cat for the fruit snacks but I guess I missed the dates on that one (yup..the cat ended 7/11!)

Now that I've rambled enough...here's the deals:
  • Buy 4 Save $4 Deal plus get a FREE box of NV Granola Bars: I stacked this deal 3 high so I bought sets of: 4 boxes of fruit snacks ($1.19 each after discount), 4 NV Granola Bars ($1.99 each after discount), and 1 set of NV Granola Bar, NV Nut Cluster, Golden Graham and Trix Swirl (all $1.99 after discount except Trix which was $1.79). I got 3 FREE NV granola bars for the 3 sets of 4. I used lots of e-coupons from cellfire and shortcuts plus paper coupons (too many to list). My final price for all 15 items was $2.98!!
  • 2 lbs of Waterfront Shrimp - 3 day sale $7.98, Used $2/1 coupon from the Dominicks Simple Summer Seafood coupon booklet. Final Price $5.98
  • Bag of Ice (not pictured) - $1.78, Used $1/1 expired Ice WT, Final Price .78.
  • Lucerne Shredded Cheese - $2.49, Used $1.50/1 coupon from Dominicks mailer. Final Price .99.
  • Lucerne Eggs - $1.79, Used $.75/1 coupon from Dominicks mailer. Final Price $1.04
  • Lucerne Vanilla Milk single - .35 (50% off clearance for date)
  • Lucerne Sour Cream - $.88 with coupon from Dominicks mailer
  • Yoplait Fiber One Yogurt - $2.79, Used expired FREE coupon. Final Price FREE!
  • Yoplait Delights Yogurt - $2.79, I thought I had $3 in e-coupons but only 2 came off, so final price of .79 (thought this was free with overage otherwise I wouldn't have bought it)
  • Hamburger Buns - .99 (for dinner tonight)
  • Raisin Bread - $2, Used .50/1 coupon from Dominicks mailer. Final Price $1.50
  • Pork Chops - 30% off clearance. Final Price $1.98
  • 5 lbs of Potatoes - FREE with Dominicks mailer coupon
  • Lettuce - .99 with Dominicks mailer coupon
I also spent $1.47 at Jewel on Blueberries and corn with my $2 off produce coupon and $4.76 at Valli on a watermelon, cantaloupe and kiwi.

What did you get at Dominick's this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment