Saturday, November 13, 2010

Review: Norah Jones Album ....Featuring

One2One Network offered me the opportunity to review Norah Jones new album ...Featuring which Debuts this Tuesday November 16th, and since the only thing I love more than music is FREE Music, I jumped at the chance to get my hands on a copy. I haven't been so in tune with Norah Jones as of late, so I was curious what her new album would be all about. I was quite surprised when I stuck it in the CD player of my car to find such an eclectic collection of artists collaborating on every single song - all 19 of them! Artists such as Foo Fighters, Outkast, Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, and Ray Charles! ...Featuring is a star-studded collection of Norah Jones' collaborations spanning her entire career. The result serves as a kind of parallel history to her four albums, which have sold over 40 million copies worldwide.

The very first track Love Me on the CD is classic Norah Jones sound...very jazzy and focused on her amazing vocal talent. Then it moves to the Foo Fighters track which does exactly the opposite, you don't really hear much of Norah at all! My very favorite track on the CD is a cover of Baby its Cold Outside with Willie Nelson. I'm not a country fan by any means, but a great Holiday song cover always wins me over! My other favorite on this record is Dear John featuring Ryan Adams.

Overall I thought it was a such interesting selection of music that any music lover would love to have this CD in their collection! Want to learn more about Norah Jones? Check out her official website. You'll find exclusive video vignettes from the songs on this album.

Buy It - You can Pre-order ...Featuring by Norah Jones for $9.99 (and qualifies for FREE super saver shiping) or you can download the Album on November 16th.

Disclosure: All of the opinions expressed in the post are my own. I was given the Norah Jones ....featuring CD by ONE2One Network to review but was not paid for my participation. By writing this post I am entered to win one of 5 $50 gift cards from One2One Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment