I've lived in the Midwest my entire life and if you live in the Midwest you've no doubt driven on miles and miles of highways that are lined with corn! One dish that reminds me of the Midwest is a family favorite that has been served at many-a-holiday - Three Corn Casserole!
It's a pretty simple recipe and it makes a GREAT side dish on a regular weekday night or as part of an ensemble for a holiday meal! This is how our family makes it:
Three Corn Casserole
8 T. melted margarine (or 1 stick of butter)
1 (8 oz) can of cream corn
1 (8 oz) can of whole corn drained
1 c. sour cream
1 (8 1/2 oz) pkg of corn muffin mix
- Heat oven to 375. Grease a 2 qt casserole. Mix melted butter and corn. Blend in sour cream. Beat eggs and stir in along with corn muffin mix. Blend well.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until toothpick comes out clean -- and be sure to serve Hot!
Frito Lay has a new line of Potato Chips that aim to give you a "Taste of Home"!
These chips were inspired by popular American regional cuisine and include:
- Northeastern U.S. – Lay’s Honey Mustard
- Midwestern U.S. – Lay’s Creamy Garden Ranch
- Northwestern U.S. – Lay’s Balsamic Sweet Onion
- Southwestern U.S. – Lay’s Chipotle Ranch
- Southeastern U.S. – Lay’s Cajun Herb & Spice
All of the Lay's Regional Flavored potato chips are made with all natural ingredients and cooked in healthier oils, like corn and sunflower oils, which contain 80% or more of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat - the "good fats." And they
also have less sodium in them than you might think – a 1-oz serving of our Lay’s Regional Flavored potato chips contains less salt than a plain bagel!
One lucky Bargain is the New Black reader will win a Variety Pack of Lay’s Regional Flavors Potato Chips!
Here's how to enter - Fill out the form below and share the flavors or recipes that remind them of home for a chance to win the variety pack of chips. (MANDATORY for your entries to count)!
Additional Entries (you must fill out the form and submit it again for additional entries, just refresh the page to get a new form):
- Follow my blog on Google on the right hand bar (or tell me you already do)
- Subscribe to my newsletter on the right hand bar (or tell me you already do)
- Repost this giveaway to your blog or to your facebook (and let me know)
- Post this giveaway to your facebook status (and let me know)
This giveaway will end on Wednesday August 31st at midnight. A winner will be selected by random.org on Thursday September 1st and the winner will be notified. If I do not hear from the winner within 48 hours I will select a new winner. Good Luck!
Disclosure: I was not paid to write this post, I was given this opportunity to post by Frito Lay and I received an entry into a contest for my post. All opinions are my own.